Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Missing You

I can't believe that in just a few short weeks it will be 6 months you have been gone. It's just as fresh and as raw today as it was then.

There isn't a day that goes by that you don't enter my mind; some days it is with a smile knowing that you are dancing with the angels, some days it is with selfish tears and heartache, and some days it is with both.

It's funny the things that trigger it. Today, it was when I was breaking bread for tonight's stuffing for dinner. I thought about calling Mom to see how she makes her stuffing because it is always so good, and I can't emulate it no matter how hard I try. It was then that I thought of you. I got a chuckle thinking back to the days when you first left home and every night at supper time we could count on a phone call...calling to ask Mom how to cook something!

I have thought of you so often when Mel and I talk about her upcoming wedding and move to Tennessee. You've "been there, done that." There are so many things I wish I could talk to you about. You always gave such calming reassurance. You could make me feel like everything is going to be OK even in the face of chaos.

I love you and miss you...my Big D, our Sissy

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Bev, 100%! It is through our own selfish tears and longing for Donna to want her to still be with us...and it is so reassuring to know she is with Jesus, celebrating like we cannot imagine!! It sure doesn't feel like it's been almost 6 months ago though. Wow. There's been so many times I've needed her...oh especially when I just lost my Granddaddy. I know Donna would have been there with me, and I know she was...in my heart. I miss her so, so much.

    Congratulations Mel, you will be a beautiful bride! Your Aunt Donna would be so proud!

    I miss everyone, and was so hoping I would come to the blog...and see something new. I still go to it every day...I just can't bring myself to stop.

    Lorelei

    ReplyDelete