Monday, September 21, 2009

Where does the time go?

I am sure anyone reading feels that it is hard to believe that it has been 6 months since we lost a wonderful mother, sister, grandma, grandmama, teacher, coworker, wife, and many more words to describe her. I have to say that the numbness has still yet to wear off for me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she were here. But, God is ultimately in control and he decided it was time for her to be His completely. I miss her more than anyone knows and can't wait to share with her the awesome things that have happened since she was gone.
Please take this time to say a prayer for all cancer patients and cancer survivors.

Love,
Monica

6 comments:

  1. I visited Her today as I do every week. There is a place in my heart no one can enter but her. I also will keep all with cancer in my thoughts and prayers. Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    I still think of her every single day. I too will pray for others walking the long hard road Donna had to go down, and I pray for them to have the path God chooses for them light the way. Love you, with you in heart.
    Auntie J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,

    I think of your Mom every day...as I do you. I miss everything, all the stories of the grandbabies, the funny things she would tell me about Joel, the admiration she had for each of you girls, the hilarious jokes between her sisters, that she just could not get - LOL! Just this morning, I was thinking to myself how much I still need her...for things I'm facing in my life right now. I'm thankful for the years I had Donna as my BEST friend. I too, will keep all cancer patients and their families in my prayers.

    I love & miss you all,

    Lorelei

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me happy to come to this blog and hear from all of you. I can't believe that it has been six months! I look at the pictures I have in my living room of Donna & Joel & Sheri's family, and I almost can't phathom these losses.

    Joel, I so hope you're making it one day at a time. Come to see us.

    Love to all of you! Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Gramma and I went to visit Donna's site on Saturday (10/10), taking her some fall flowers. I chose rich colors, for the rich friendship that she gave to me. Donna, I miss and love you so much.

    Lorelei

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heavenly Father,

    As it is getting close to Thanksgiving & Christmas, I raise Donna's family up to you, I know the holidays will be bittersweet. I pray Lord, for your abundant love and comfort for them. Thank you, Lord, for allowing Donna to be part of my life.

    In Jesus Name I pray...

    Lorelei

    ReplyDelete